On June 24, 2016, the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) International announced that NMC’s Lake Forest, CA and Irving, TX locations had obtained the prestigious “CSAA Five Diamond Central Station Certification.”
This Certification testified that 100% of NMC’s central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers. This critical area of communications is the life-saving link between the residential or business properties and the law enforcement, fire and emergency services in local areas.
In order to achieve the Five Diamond Certification, each and every NMC operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- Proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms;
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers;
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio;
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
In addition, as a Five Diamond company, NMC has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to its local community and its customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100% quality operator training.
“Achieving the Five Diamond Central Station Certification validates all of the hard work and forward-thinking philosophy of our company,” commented Woodie Andrawos, President of NMC. “NMC’s mission is to provide the highest degree of technology, customer service and CSR training for the benefit of our dealers, and the CSAA certification signifies our commitment to remain the nation’s premier central station.”