NMC Merges with Three Major Monitoring Companies to form one of the Most Global Monitoring Companies in the World
Netwatch Group formed after one of the largest single industry consolidations to date
- Visionary and Industry influencer Samir Samhouri is the architect behind the combination and will serve as the chairman of the board for the new group
- David Walsh, one of the earliest pioneers in the field of proactive visual monitoring, and a co-founder of Netwatch will serve as the CEO of the new group, which is headquartered in Ireland
- Woodie Andrawos, NMC President and Co-Founder will continue to lead the NMC team as the Managing Director and President of NMC out of Lake Forest, California
Lake Forest, California, 23rd of April 2018: National Monitoring Center (NMC), the premier third party monitoring company in the United States with monitoring centers in Lake Forest, CA and Irving, TX, announces the launch of a new global monitoring company following the merging of four market leading monitoring companies with the backing of global private equity firm The Riverside Company “Riverside”.
The newly formed company, Netwatch Group, includes leading monitoring companies NMC (United States), Netwatch (Ireland), CalAtlantic (United States) and Onwatch Multifire (United Kingdom) and will focus on:
- leading the consolidation of the proactive visual monitoring industry starting with the combination of Netwatch, Onwatch Multifire and CalAtlantic
- bringing the innovations and reliability of the visual prevention capabilities perfected by Netwatch over the last 15 years to thousands of the NMC end-users through their valued dealer partners in the United States under the NMC brand
The new group is protecting hundreds of thousands of sites in the United States, United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East and Africa in a wide variety of segments including government, transportation, critical infrastructure (utilities, communications, energy), manufacturing, education, stadiums, finance, retail and residential.
Woodie Andrawos will continue to lead the NMC management team as Managing Director and President. Woodie and the NMC management team will be focused on continuing to deliver the high quality alarm monitoring services that the NMC dealers and their subscribers are accustomed to, in addition to the new remote proactive visual monitoring capabilities.
Michael Schubert, CEO and Co-founder of NMC will be retiring from the business after 38 years in the Security Industry. Says Schubert, “Today, I’m retiring from the security industry after 38 years doing what I always loved and making so many good friends over these years. I know and am confident this deal will be excellent for our employees, dealers, their subscribers, and the industry in general with tremendous benefits for all. I look forward to seeing the company take things to the next level in monitoring for our dealers and their subscribers, with the same standard of excellence and passion that we have had over all these years, while creating a new global monitoring player in the security industry, Netwatch Group.”
Riverside has a track record of international technology investments, having completed more than 85 in its history. The deal is led by UK and Ireland Partner Dr. Martin Scott, who alongside Principal Laura Dillon, will sit on the board of the new group.
The merger of the four companies was led by Industry visionary, Samir Samhouri, former Chairman and CEO of Xtralis, a major leader in the Early Detection Safety and Security technologies. Xtralis was sold to a Fortune 100 company in 2016. Samhouri has been appointed Chairman of Netwatch Group and will be one of the company’s investors.
David Walsh, CEO, will lead Netwatch Group as it pursues an ambitious growth strategy. Walsh, who co-founded Netwatch, revolutionized the security market by introducing proactive visual monitoring and innovations such as managed services. The company invests heavily in R&D and developed proprietary technology to deliver its industry leading services.
Netwatch Group will be headquartered in Carlow, Ireland. Its North American headquarters will be located in Lake Forest, California with satellite offices in Boston, New Jersey, Dallas, Houston, and Chicago. The company’s UK headquarters will be in East Sussex, United Kingdom. The Company will immediately have a network of six advanced Global Monitoring Centers, connected by the Netwatch proprietary CRATOS technology platform.
“Today we are creating a global leader in proactive monitoring services. There is increased demand for visual monitoring from enterprise customers, driven by the continuing evolution of technology and advances such as AI, Deep Learning, 5G and IoT (Internet of Things)”, Said David Walsh CEO. “The combined strengths of NMC, CalAtlantic, Onwatch Multifire and Netwatch – all leaders in their respective geographies, means that we can immediately deliver industry leading proprietary technologies in proactive visual monitoring to hundreds of thousands of clients who rely on us to protect lives, assets and business operations.”
Continued Walsh: “Netwatch Group will specialize in providing risk management, business continuity, security and life safety services to clients across the world. We create a fearless environment for our customers and we will continue to innovate in pursuit of this quest. We have ambitious growth plans to expand our global footprint which we will achieve through organic growth and further acquisitions.”
Walsh adds, “I am very pleased to have the benefit of Samir Samhouri’s experience and counsel and to be working with an unrivalled team of industry professionals including Woodie Andrawos as we bring the benefits of Netwatch Group to more organizations across the globe.”
Woodie Andrawos Managing Director and President of NMC states, “I am excited to have NMC take the leading role of bringing the benefits of remote proactive video monitoring services to our valued dealers and their subscribers. Through the advanced visual technology and the CRATOS central station receiving software, proprietary to Netwatch developed over a 15 year period, NMC will be in a unique position to empower our dealers to move in the arena of remote early detection and crime prevention visual monitoring with the high RMR benefits in addition to all the intrusion and fire monitoring services that has made NMC’s name synonymous with quality and excellence over the past 17 years.
“We recognize that video monitoring is not just a trend but is the future and where our dealers will see growth. We’ve taken the initiative to empower our dealers in that direction. We are also pleased to be partnering with such leading quality companies and industry leaders and visionaries including Samir Samhouri and David Walsh.”
To learn more about Netwatch Group please visit www.netwatchgroup.com
For further information please contact:
David Morgan, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Security Dealer Marketing Tel 888-572-4450
MKC Communications Tel 01 7038600
About Netwatch Group
Netwatch is a world leader in remote visual monitoring. The company was the first company in Europe to combine specialist video processing technologies with satellite communications to provide preventative, immediate and cost effective protection solutions for clients. Netwatch d operates in four continents, with clients across Europe, South Africa, the Middle East and the USA. The Netwatch mission is to create a fearless environment’ where clients can feel safe and secure in their business.
Netwatch Group was formed following the merger of Netwatch (Ireland), NMC (California), CalAtlantic (Texas) and Onwatch Multifire (UK). Netwatch Group serves over hundreds of thousands of clients and a network of over 1,000 resellers across the USA. The Group operates a network of six global monitoring centres connected by the Cratos platform.
The Netwatch Group Leadership team will include industry veterans:
- Woodie Andrawos, Managing Director & President, NMC in Lake Forest, California;
- Dan Goodhall, Managing Director of CalAtlantic in Houston, Texax;
- Peter Gould, Managing Director, OnWatch Multifire and in Sussex United Kingdom and
- Niall Kelly, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer, Netwatch in Carlow, Ireland
Netwatch Group Companies include:
- National Monitoring Center (NMC) Founded in 2001, NMC has risen to become the premier 3rd party central monitoring company in the nation. The company operates two redundant monitoring centers in Lake Forest, CA and Irving, TX.
- CalAtlantic Security Solutions is one of the nation’s leading firms in loss prevention and remote monitoring solutions. They are pioneers in the field of applied video analytics. Through interactive video monitoring, CalAtlantic Agents help the nation’s top auto groups, logistics operations, and more save millions every year by preventing loss and accidents. Their 24-hr control center for nationwide operations is based in Houston, TX.
- Netwatch: Carlow headquartered Netwatch was founded in 2003 by David Walsh and Niall Kelly after a friend was attacked responding to an alarm at his business premises. Netwatch revolutionised the Irish security market introducing the first ‘real time’ remote visual monitoring system that, unlike static security cameras, allowed for interventions to take place immediately at the time the security perimeter was breached. Netwatch has offices in Ireland, Northern Ireland, the US and UK.
- Onwatch Multifire offers a full range of security, life safety products and systems throughout the United Kingdom and Europe. It is supported by a branch network from the North East, through the Midlands, Kent and down to Sussex where the headquarters and the Cat2 BS5979 CCTV monitoring centre are sited. Onwatch Multifire provides a full suite of services to include full design, installation, management and aftercare maintenance, with a focus on the commercial, industrial and service industry sectors.
About The Riverside Company
The Riverside Company is a global private equity firm focused on making control and non-control investments in growing businesses valued at up to $400 million. Since its founding in 1988, Riverside has invested in more than 520 transactions. The firm’s international portfolio includes more than 75 companies.