Retail stores are never busier than between Thanksgiving and Christmas. How are you helping your retail clients protect themselves from theft during the holidays? Here are a few tips to help retail clients implement the best security features.
Protecting Retailers from Shoplifters
- Surveillance Cameras – Cameras should not only watch entryways and registers. Directing cameras toward high-value items that are common targets for theft can be both a deterrent and a way to catch shoplifters in the act.
- Video Monitoring - A monitoring service doesn’t need to pay attention to actual customers and so won’t be distracted by someone asking a question while another person in the store is slipping merchandise into his or her pocket.
- Restrict Product Access – Expensive items that can be easily stolen should be locked up or protected with a tamperproof security tag.
- Background Checks – Stores often hire on a number of extra workers during the holidays. These employees should be properly vetted.
- Security Monitoring – While employees may be reluctant to rat one another out, a monitoring service’s only job is to protect the client. As a result, employee theft doesn’t go unnoticed or unreported.
NMC Security Monitoring Protects Your Clients
If you have retail clients but do not yet offer monitoring services, NMC will be happy to help you enter a new and vital part of the security market. Cal our sales department at 877-353-3031 to learn more about how teaming up with our security monitoring services can help to grow your business.