Studies have revealed that North America is leading the world’s smart home revolution. Just how may smart homes are out there, and what potential for future growth exists in the industry? Read on to learn more about the most popular smart home services and market data.
America’s Smart Home Market
North America is already home to 12.7 million of these automation systems as of 2015. It is important to note that current growth from year to year in this market is at more than 50%. That makes it an incredibly fast growing market for any industry. What do people want as a part of their smart home package?
The study revealed 5 primary products that top the high-demand list:
• Security Systems – With more and more Americans becoming renters, homeowners feel like they have a target on their possessions. An automated home security system with quick response for fire, burglary, and other situations is increasing in demand.
• Smart thermostats – This is a money saving option that many feel helps to offset the cost of home automation.
• Network Cameras – The ability to monitor one’s own home and then receive an immediate response to intrusion or other dangers is also on the rise.
• Smart Lighting – Consumers like the idea that this feature can help save electricity and give the appearance that someone is home even when the family is on vacation.
• Multi-Room Audio – Music is a huge part of modern life, and this item making the list along with all of the security and money-saving options proves it.
Selling the Smart Home
While you may not offer all 5 of the services noted above, if a family wants to go in the direction of the smart home, it’s foolish to do so without the added security of a system for automated response and video surveillance. After all, if other home automation products are in high demand with consumers, that also makes them a target for thieves.